PANDEMIC ELECTRONIC BENEFITS TRANSFER PROGRAM
- Louisiana has received federal approval to issue Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) benefits for the 2020-21 school year. If your child normally receives free or reduced-price school meals and has been participating in virtual or hybrid learning due to the pandemic, that child is eligible for the benefits listed below. If a student’s learning schedule changed, their benefit level will change accordingly as reported by their school. First installment will cover the months of August 2020 – October 2020. If you were not in Webster Parish please use the information from your child’s previous school.
- Eligible students in hybrid learning (mix of in-person and virtual): $48.23 per month
- Eligible students in fully virtual learning: $120.71 per month
What’s different for P-EBT this school year?
- There is no application for P-EBT. Benefits will be issued based on information schools will provide to the Department of Children and Family Services.
- If your child is eligible for benefits, you will receive a new P-EBT card in the mail.
- You will receive a P-EBT card for each eligible child, in that child’s name.
- If you received P-EBT benefits in the 2019-20 school year, do not request a new P-EBT card.
- Benefit amounts will be based on whether your child was fully virtual or had a hybrid learning schedule that did not allow them to receive free or reduced lunch during the school year.
Each child's card will be mailed to the address provided by the district.
Due to the number of cards being issued, it may take several weeks for you to receive your child’s card. Please be patient and do not request a new card, as that would delay delivery. Cards will be issued as DCFS receives information from each school. Therefore, families with more than one child may receive their children’s cards at different times, according to when each child’s school submitted their information. Click here for more information.
Activation instructions will be mailed with each card. A social security number is not needed for activation or eligibility. When prompted for the last four digits of a social security number during the activation process, families should enter the last four digits of that child’s student identification number (7 digit SIDNO). This number can be found on the report card and in Student Progress Center. ABSOLUTLEY NO STUDENT INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN OUT OVER THE PHONE.
Please use the links below for more information about the program
What is P-EBT for K-12 students?
Help activating your card